Lydia Mar Manila (LMM) is thrilled to mark its 28th anniversary! Since 1995 we have been dedicated to providing our exceptional services for clients and crew.
This milestone anniversary showcases our unwavering commitment to the maritime industry, and our mission to develop competent and responsible maritime professionals through efficient and ethical manning operations.
We may be 28 years as a company, but did you know that the presence of Lydia Mar in the Philippines goes as far back as 1968? You can read more about our company history here.
Fun Facts about Lydia Mar Manila:
There’s a handful of other interesting facts that might surprise you about LMM. So, in celebration of our anniversary we’re sharing some of these fun facts with you:
- Before Lydia Mar Manila was incorporated, the Bolten group hired the services of a Philippine manning agency in 1968. That means they’ve been entrusting their vessels to Filipino seafarers for more than 50 years.
- *Lydia Mar Shipping in Athens is a subsidiary of Aug. Bolten Wm. Miller’s Nachfolger–– a seventh-generation, family-owned shipping company from Germany who has been around for over 200 years! In fact, they’re Germany’s second-oldest shipping company. (Lydia Mar Shipping in Athens went into a joint venture with Filipinos to create Lydia Mar Manila)
- When LMM first started out, it had a grand total of 3 employees––the company president, his assistant, and their trusted gopher!
- Lydia Mar Manila’s current president, Mrs. Rodelita Homecillo, began her career as the assistant of LMM’s first president, Captain Jesus Boldo. She eventually left the company to carve out her own path in the crewing industry. Then, in 2021, decades after she first started in LMM, Mrs. Homecillo finally returned to Lydia Mar Manila to become its president!
- LMM is preparing to crew a whole lot of Cement Carriers! Ships from one of the largest fleet of cement carriers in the world, the NACC vessels, will be coming to Lydia Mar Manila! If you’re a seafarer with experience on cement ships, you’re invited to join these vessels with us. Send your application here: http://bit.ly/EasyApplyLMM
- We now have a second floor! People may be more familiar with the 11th floor office of LMM, located at the G.E. Antonino building in Manila. But this year, we also took over a portion of the 12th! Most of the action will still be at the 11th floor, but if you’d like to tour the 12th, let us know! That’s where a few of the executive offices are located, our supply room is there too, and we’re fixing up one of the rooms to become a study area for crew.
Thank you for being a part of our story
A lot has happened in our journey as Lydia Mar Manila. We extend our heartfelt gratitude to all the clients, seafarers, partners, and staff who have contributed to our success over the past 28 years. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished with you, and we look forward to more successful years to come!
Here are a few photos from our anniversary celebration last July 6, 2023. We also celebrated a mass on the 12th floor and blessed the our new offices before enjoying a buffet lunch.