We at Lydia Mar (Manila) Inc. (LMM) understand and value the importance of the privacy of your personal data. Through this Privacy Notice, we are informing our website’s visitors and those interacting with LMM’s Communication Channels (Facebook Page, Official Phone Line, and Official E-Mail) about our privacy policies in protecting and handling any personal information that is provided to us.
Collection and use of personal data
LMM does not require any information from individuals who wish to access the website or the official LMM Facebook.
Job applicants, however, may physically and voluntarily submit their information through our Application Form that will require the person’s name, address, contact details, and other employment-related information generally required for job seekers in the crewing industry.
You may also voluntarily provide data via our Communication Channels (Facebook, Official Phone Line, and Official E-Mail) so that you can be properly identified as we handle inquiries and requests in relation to your employment and benefits.
A physical consent form, to allow LMM to collect and use your personal data shall also be provided for you upon applying to LMM and upon your actual employment.
In addition to employment and benefit purposes, LMM may also use your information to help us learn more about the demographics of our applicants and crew to help us identify how to improve our current communication channels and existing processes. With this, LMM may utilize third-party contractors to process the personal information solely for the purposes stated.
Data Processing and Retention
The information provided is only accessed by LMM’s authorized Personal Information Controllers and Processors. Their activities, in connection with your data, is monitored by LMM’s Data Protection Officer (DPO), duly registered with the National Privacy Commission.
Part of LMM’s policies is that all information submitted by an applicant for processing shall be stored, secured, and kept confidentially for a period of two (2) years or within/until a period mandated by any specific regulation, law, or court order.
Meanwhile, data sent via our other communication channels for matters outside of applications—benefits assistance, general inquiries etc.–are archived and purged every twelve (12) months.
LMM secures your information in its computers and servers located in its office in Manila, with facilities and equipment in place to ensure the security and confidentiality of the information. In addition, internal privacy policies are enforced to prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing, modifying, or deleting the information you have provided.
Please be aware, however, that no computer system can be completely immune from attacks. Information transmitted online may to pass through external systems without the consent or knowledge of LMM. Nevertheless, you are assured that LMM shall continue to maintain and develop its data privacy and security system to further secure any information and reduce the possibilities of data privacy breaches or attacks.
Rights as a data subject
Pursuant to the Data Privacy Act of 2012, any individual who shall submit personal information shall be considered as a “data subject”. Any data subject shall have the right to:
- Access his/her information upon complying with reasonable standards and procedures as laid down by LMM;
- Correct the information should material changes are required to maintain the accuracy and integrity of his/her personal information;
- Object to the processing of his/her data upon due coordination and processing of such request; and
- Right to redress issues and matters of information privacy and security with the National Privacy Commission.
In view of this, any data subject may coordinate with LMM’s Data Protection Officer in order to address or exercise any of the abovementioned rights towards updating his/her information or addressing any issues in connection with the processing and privacy of his/her information.
Upon submitting your personal information, you agree and understand that the information may be shared across national boundaries where LMM transacts official business such as:
- Bolten Wm. Miller’s Nachfolger (GmbH & Co.)
- Lydia Mar Shipping Co. S.A.
- Mastermind Shipmanagement Ltd.
- Carisbrooke Shipping Limited.
Note that these companies are also bound by policies to protect your information and its confidentiality. LMM does not and will not share your information with third parties unless described in this Privacy Notice or when LMM is allowed/directed by law, court order, or under government authority.
Rest assured that LMM will never share your personal data for matters unrelated to your employment or application.
Note further that your personal information may be processed and shared with the Department of Labor and Employment, the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration and/or other government agencies/instrumentalities involved in or having jurisdiction over labor, recruitment, crewing or staffing activities.
Changes to this Policy
This website and its contents are created Lydia Mar (Manila) Inc. and is subject to the copyright laws of the Philippines. Any reproduction, processing, dissemination and/or any type of use beyond what is permitted under copyright law requires LMM’s written consent. Downloading and/or copying of these pages and Facebook content are permitted only for private and/or non-commercial use. If the content and pages was not created by the LMM, the copyrights of third parties will be complied with.
Lydia Mar (Manila) Inc. Shall not be liable for any damage or injury, whether to a person or entity, that may occur from any error in the information or features of this website or our Facebook Page.
- Lydia Mar Manila Inc. will take reasonable efforts to protect Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code will enter our websites (for example viruses, bugs, Trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
- While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet or when you use our online portals, and we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. We recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and ensure that you use a secure browser.
- If applicable, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorized person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorized transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any damages resulting from any security breaches, on unauthorized and/or fraudulent use of your username and password.
You can choose to take out your personal information from our database in case you disagree with our privacy policies after submitting your information. Please inform Lydia Mar (Manila) Inc. by addressing an email to email@example.com . Our Data Privacy Officer and authorized LMM staff will take swift action to delete or amend your personal information in our system.
The cookies collect only the following data and are in no way able to identify the user:
- Operating System
- Browser Name
- Accessing the website either from Mobile or PC
- Location (City Name and/or Country only)
- Page Name visited
- Length of stay for each Page
If IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will, however, be truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other member states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Truncated means that Google is masking the last portion (octet) of visitor’s IP before they process it for data analytics. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and provide other services associated with the website and Internet use to the website operator. No personal data that can identify an individual is collected.
The IP address acquired from your browser within the context of Google Analytics activities will not be merged with other Google data. You can also change a setting on your browser software to prevent the storage of cookies. However, if you do this, the website operator site hereby points out that you cannot use all the features and functions of this site. You can also prevent Google from acquiring and processing cookie-generated data about your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link :http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
Our site contains links to external websites over which we have no control. The provider or operator of the linked sites is always responsible for their content, therefore we cannot assume any responsibility for such third-party content. The linked sites were checked for possible legal violations at the time they were linked to our website. Illegal content was not apparent at the time the link(s) were created. Any form of permanent control of the linked pages is legally unreasonable without concrete evidence of a violation; if we are notified of any such violation, however, we shall immediately remove the links in question.